Carrot & Yam Soup
Cozy winter days by the fireplace will be complete with this tasty soup. 1 batch makes 8 individual serving gifts!
3 T.butter, divided
1 cupchopped onion
1/4 t. cinnamon
4 3/4 cupscubed peeled sweet potatoes
3 1/2 cupswater
3 cupsless-sodium chicken broth3 cupschopped carrot
1/4 t.ground black pepper
1/3 cupreduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tchopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt 1 T. butter over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Move onion mixture to side of pan; add remaining butter to open space in pan. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 1 minute or until butter begins to brown.
- Add sweet potatoes, 3 1/2 cups water, broth, and carrot; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place soup mixture in a blender. Blend until smooth and return to pot.
- Stir in half-and-half, salt and pepper. Top each serving with a bout 2 teaspoons sour cream and parsley.