Set the holiday mood with easy to make, reusable candles. We love using these candles as center pieces on our holiday tables and gifting them to all of the kids’ teachers. This is a great project to get your kids involved in the gifting process
- You can find different types of wax and wicks at your local craft store or online. Look for natural waxes like soy wax, beeswax and coconut wax.
- We used 5 oz of wax to fill our Wean Bowl.
- Place the wick in the bottom of the glass container using adhesive dots (some that can be easily removed once you have finishing burning the candle).
- Twirl the extra wick around a pencil or other straight object that will rest across the container and keep the wick straight.
- Follow package directions for heating the wax and scenting with essential oils if preferred.
- Once melted, pour into container. Let cool and then trim wick to desired length.
Pro Tip:Once the candle is done, l let it cool and harden. Use a butter knife and cut the wax in half and it will fall out. Put the container in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt any residue and wipe it out with a rag. Then wash as usual.