There is an average 180 instruction days in a school year. There is an average of 25 students in a first grade class. If each child has 1 granola bar in their lunch that would equal over 4500 granola bar wrappers thrown in the trash each school year.
This recipe is so easy that you'll never have to purchase a wrapped granola bar again! Make a batch of these Sunday night and portion them into your Wean Tubs to send to school and we will pass on our LitterLESS Lunch crown:)
Easy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
1. Lightly grease a Meal Tub with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl combine the oats, flaxseed meal & chia seeds. Set aside.
3. On med-low heat combine the peanut butter, coconut oil & honey in a small pot and stir until soft and melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
5. Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
6. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
7. Press the ingredients into the meal tub and use the bottom of your measuring glass to really pack the ingredients into container. Using a spatula, ensure they are flattened evenly. Put the lid on the Meal Tub.
8. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
9. Cut and serve as needed. You can store in the fridge for 5-7 days (if they last that long) or do a double batch and store some in the freezer for up to 3 months in a sealed Wean Green!