How do you store your spices?
Wean Green Tip: We love to use Wean Cubes to keep all our spices nicely organized and sealed properly. Wean Cubes allows for perfect stacking ability in any cupboard or pantry shelf while keeping everything clean and easily viewable. The best part is that you can write on the the glass with a marker to make sure you know which container holds what spice!
Recipe to the best cinnamon buns below.
1. For the dough, stir milk, yeast, sugar, and egg to blend. Pour this into a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment, or use a wooden spoon, and blend in the flour, salt, and nutmeg, mixing the dough until it is evenly combined. Add in the butter, mixing until blended. Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set on the counter to rise until it is about 1 1/2 times its original size, about 2 hours.
2. While the dough is rising, prepare the filling. beat the cream cheese and butter together, then beat in the brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Grease an 8-inch (20cm) square pan. Turn out the risen dough into a lightly floured work surface. Roll the dough into a rectangle about 15 inches by 10 inches. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the dough and roll it up from the long side. Slice into 6 buns and arrange them in the prepared pan. Cover the pan with a tea towel and let sit 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Uncover the buns and bake them for about 30 minutes, until evenly golden brown. Let the buns cool for 15 minutes.
5. For the glaze, whisk the icing sugar and milk together, and use a fork to drizzle the glaze overtop the sticky buns. Best served warm.
6. Store extra icing in your Wean Green so that your weaners can add their own icing each time!
3/4 cup milk (room temp)
2 tsp instant yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg (room temp)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 package of cream cheese, 4oz (room temp)
3 tbsp unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
Recipe by: Back To Baking by Anna Olson – www.whitecap.ca
Leave a comment (all fields required)