Rice Krispies Treats That GO BOO!
Not sure how to navigate Halloween this year?
Create your own scary treats and skip the packaging of boxed candy. Make extra and place in a reusable Wean Green Container so you can drop on a friend’s doorstep. Maybe you will receive something tasty with the return of your glassware ;)
Get creative with you kids, and challenge them to make the scariest treats EVER!
- Prepare your Rice Krispies Treats to your preference. See basic recipe below.
- Whip up a small batch of icing and add in whatever colors you wish! Make sure your icing is on the thicker side so it doesn’t run.
- Dip one end of the treat into the icing. Don’t worry about being perfect. You can also smear the icing on with a butter knife.
- Mix up a different color of icing and dot on eyes. You can use the tip of a toothpick, a fork, or an icing bag.
- Allow icing to set before placing in Wean Green.
- Use a sharpie on the glass to write a Halloween message to your friends!
Rice Krispies Treats
1/4 cup – butter
4 cups – mini marshmallows
6 cups – Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt 1.4 cup of butter in a large saucepan
- Add 4 cups of mini marshmallows and allow to melt into butter
- Take off heat and mix in 6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- Spread onto baking sheet coated in butter or cooking spray
- Allow to cool and cut into rectangles
1 cup – butter
4 cup – icing sugar
2 tbsp – milk
2 tsp – vanilla
- Beat 1 cup of butteruntil fluffy
- Slowly add in 4 cups of icing sugar with 2 tbsp of milk
- Beat until smooth and add in 2 tsp of vanilla