This recipe is impossible to not snack on as you pack your gifts! You may need to double this recipe so you can snack as you work.
1/3 cuppopcorn seeds
2 T.unsalted butter, melted
1bar of white chocolate
or 1 cup of white chocolate chips sprinkles or crushed candy
- or 1 cup of white chocolate chips sprinkles or crushed candy
- 1/4 cuppeppermints
- Make popcorn in a popcorn machine or on the stove.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl, and slowly pour melted butter on top. Sprinkle salt on next. Toss to coat popped kernels with butter and salt.
- Warm chocolate in microwave or on double boiler. If using microwave, cook for 15 seconds at a time and then stir gently. This will prevent over cooking. When the chocolate is almost melted, but some chunks still exist, remove from microwave and stir to melt remaining pieces.
- Gently pour all over popcorn, tossing popcorn gently as you go to coat.
- Place peppermints in a reusable storage bag and use a
rolling pin to crush. Sprinkle crushed peppermint over popcorn mixture.