- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 tube red decorating gel
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Mix together with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add dry mixture to the wet while continuing to mix with electric mixer.
- Cover dough and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Taking a small batch at a time (about 1 heaping tbsp) roll dough into a finger shape.
- Place an almond on the tip of the finger and press lightly into the dough. Shape the dough around the almond to create the finger tip.
- Use a toothpick or butter knife to make lines in the finger as they would naturally appear.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove each almond and squeeze a bit of the red gel in the indentations in the cookie.
- Press each almond back into place to create an oozing effect.
Leave a comment (all fields required)